Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm Home

Just thought I'd let everyone know I made it home safely. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I'm very tired, so I will write something more tomorrow.

I just decided to edit this post and add my feelings and comments here instead of a new post. It is good to be home knowing that Mom is 5,000 times better than she was when I got there. She really is doing so well. The doctors, nurses, and therapists have commented on how AMAZING it is that she is so well so fast. I think that it is all the prayer support that she has been getting from all of you. She will be happy to get to the condo and be able to sit on the porch and watch the dolphins. She has mentioned that a few times. I only hope that it is not difficult for her to find them now with her vision issues. That will be a real disappointment if she can't see them.
Please continue to pray for Dad too. He really wasn't feeling too great yesterday and he said that he was even a bit worried about it. He had the nurse take his blood pressure and it was fine...but we don't need anything happening to him right now. He has been tiring out really easily on walks and has felt a bit light headed. Not sure what it all adds up to. It could just be the combination of worry and lack of sleep. Just keep him in your prayers as well.
Jim is doing a great job taking care of them both. He has been supplying Dad with his needed coke and giving him time to walk on the beach every day. He has been a great de-stress companion for Mom. He really knows how to make her laugh.
Anyone who wants to go in on some hearing aids for Mom's birthday...let me know. They will cost approximately $4,000!!

No comments: