Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Home Again

Hello all...it is 12:36 am CST as I begin this blog... my flight was a little late getting in because of the weather, the plane took a detour over New Orleans...Happy Marte Gras, too bad we didn't make the stop there!
I haven't gotten a chance to catch up on reading the blog...I'll just say from my perspective Mom is very much like her ole self. She has been much more light hearted the last few days, taking her challenges in stride. Ernie is into the Florida mode, and will be able to take over with ease. He did make the coffee for breakfast and encouraged Mom and Dad to go to the store, so Mom could get out and about, and that worked great.
I was beginning to think that Dolphins were a myth, similar to the Loch Ness, I had been there 8 days with none in sight. Mom was so determined to make sure that I saw one that she sat on the balcony with the binoculars until some were sighted. She once again acommplished her goal, taking care of me. She also wanted to make sure I would go away with a full belly, so she cooked dinner completely on her own. This is the first time. Not only that, it was delicous! I gave her lots of hugs, and had a hard time saying goodbye. Dad wanted his hug, too.
I know that she is very touched to be prayed for by so many and has enjoyed the cards and calls and gifts.
Thanks for your prayers for me. I had a easy time in Florida and had a nice stay with Ruth and Dick who hosted me overnights. Mom made a tremendous impovement during my stay, and I enjoyed being there.
We can rest easy as Ernie takes over. He is already in the flow, and I think Florida is agreeing with them all as the weather has gotten better.
Peace,
Annette

1 comment:

MaryLyn said...

Thanks Sissy for all you did while you were there.